Even in ancient times, thermal baths were significant popular among Roman people. They were not only a place of well-being and rejuvenation but also a center for social gathering.
When in Rome you will find several baths, some of which are now only tourist attractions, however, in the city’s surroundings you will find functioning thermal baths to boost your wellness holiday experience in Italy.
The Province of Rome is world-known famous for its thermal baths that have temperatures ranging from 23 °C to 55 °C. The most significant spa locations in the region of Rome are; Acque Albule
spring in Tivoli, the Thermal Baths of Cretone
, the thermal Baths of Stigliano,
and Ficoncella Spring
in Civitavecchia.Best 5 activities to do in Rome
1. Participate in a food tour with Secret Food Tours Rome
and sample authentic Italian tastes in unique places that only locals know!
2. Visit the Vatican Museums
, where you will admire one of the world's greatest art collections exhibited in 7km of halls!
3. Toss a coin into the world’s most famous fountain, The Fontana di Trevi
; thus ensuring that you'll return to Rome! Visit the fountain at night, the best time to probably snap an unobstructed photo.
4. Just a 15-minute drive from the city center, you will find the highest hill in Rome, Monte Mario
! The views, especially in the evening, are stunning!
5. Admire the world-famous masterpieces of St Peter's Basilica’s
interior; Michelangelo’s Pietà, a spectacular work of Renaissance sculpture, and Bernini’s 29m-high baldachin over the papal altar.