Planing your next exotic vacations? Then you have to be extra careful on the resort that you are going to stay. Either you are visiting Malaysia, Maldives, or Mauritius, your accommodation will become the reference point of your trip, and choosing to stay in a guaranteed quality resort should become your number one priority.
To be fair, the majority of the luxurious exotic hotels and resorts, and more particularly in Asia, make sure to offer a complete experience within them, including luxurious facilities and breathtaking room settings, that will make you never want to leave out of your room.
There is a particular hotel brand though that will take your up-until-now basic holidays and convert them into a unforgettable experience to remember. This is not other than Shangri-La Hotels & Resorts. Indeed, Shangri-La is one of the most known brands around the world - no wonder, why - and a great hotel chain to trust during your Exotic excursions.
In this article, we will talk about 5 particular Shangri-La Resorts, located in the countries of Maldives, Mauritius, Philippines, and Malaysia. Even though the hotels are in completely different countries, there are all linked by one thing; their high quality services.
Shangri-La's Villingili Resort, Maldives
Where is Shangri-La's Villingili and Why to Stay
Shangri-La Villingili Resort is located in the Maldives, a destination especially known for its stunning resorts and breathtaking white-sand beaches. This destination, however, has a peculiarity. The majority of the resorts around the country are located on very small islets, so the experience that you are going to get is greatly defined by the hotel that you are going to choose as well as the activities that it offers.
One is for sure; if you want to simply relax and enjoy the sun, every resort will be ideal for you. If you want to do a little bit more, maybe swim with the sharks? or enjoy a candle-lit dinner over the shores? Then, you should book in Shangri-La Villingili Resort right now!
3 Experiences in Shangri-La's Villingili to Remember
The activities are countless and mere words would not be enough to describe them, but these 3 activities in the resort that you would really enjoy doing so.
- Take one or even two of the available tours by the hotel. This is the only hotel in the Maldives that actually offers an authentic cultural experience for its guests. With 5 tours that last over 1h 30 minutes each, you will not disappointed!
- Take part in the scheduled every-day activities arranged by the resorts from Monday to Sunday. From very early in the morning to late in the evening, you will be able to do all kinds of activities for adults and younger people including exploration of the marine life, glass bottom boat tour, coral planting, snorkeling, spa cabana by the pool, origami weaving and much more.
- Featuring an extensive collection of land and sea activities, as well as world-class facilities, you will the wildest experience of your life even in the Maldives. From exploration of the dense vegetation of Villingili Island to a range of sport activities including tennis, jogging, diving, and water sports like catamaran sailing, fishing, kite surfing, kayaking, and much, much more!
Shangri-La's Boracay Resort & Spa, Philippines
Where is Shangri-La's Boracay Resort & Spa & Why to Stay
Shangri-La Boracay Resort & Spa is located in Boracay Island in the Philippines. Boracay is yet another island in the Philippines, widely known for its tropical white-sand beaches and their crystal-clear blue waters. The activities on the island are diverse, ranging from peaceful activities that you can do in nature like yoga meditation , or more adventurous activities like snorkeling and different water sports.
Fortunately, many of the resorts in Boracay have made sure to include activities that will help you discover the destination, but for a more organised experience, we recommend you to book at Shangri-La's Boracay Resort & Spa now!
3 Experiences in Shangri-La's Boracay Resort & Spa to Remember
Boracay is a great destination packed with so many activities to do that you will never get bored. Shangri-La's Boracay Resort & Spa has made sure to make your trip on the island even easier, by arranging a wide diversity of outdoor and indoor activities, that make sure to offer you a complete experience of the destination.
- Similar to almost every resort in the Shangri-La chain, Boracay Resort & Spa also offers daily activities to its guests starting from 10 o' clock in the morning, with the last activity taking places at 6.15 or 7.30 in the evening. The featured activities include Philippine Dance Shows in the Banyugan Beach, Ashtanga Yoga at the Health Club, Snorkelling Safari in Punta Bunga Beachm or Aqua Workout at the Main Pool.
- Pay special attention to the hotel's facilities since they are plenty and easily to miss if you don't give enoughattention. The two secluded white beaches of the resort, Punta Bunga and Banyugan, are ideal for relaxation, swimming, and a great amount of Water Sports. The Adventure Zone, the Spa "Chi", the Dive & Eco Centres and the Lap Pool are only some of the hotel's other facilities!
- There are 4 restaurants inside the resort, for any occasions and preferences. You can enjoy a casual meal at Sirena, the cliff-top seafood restaurant, a romantic tree-top dinner in Rima, delicious international cuisine at Vintana, or even a memorable al fresco dining experience at Cielo.
Shangri-La's Rasa Ria Resort & Spa
Where is Shangri-La's Rasa Ria Resort & Spa and Why to Choose it
Shangri-La Rasa Ria Resort & Spa is located in a beautiful coastal city in Malaysia on the island of Borneo, called Kota Kinabalu. The activities in the city of Kinabalu are numerous, and the entertainment options plenty. The rainfalls are quite usual but the low rainfall season starts from January to April. Even though we are talking about a big city, it's a great pick for nature lovers as well, and more especially if you stay in Shangri-La Rasa Ria Resort, which pays special attention on the well-being of its guests.
3 Experiences in Shangri-La's Rasa Ria Resort & Spa to Remember
Even though there are quite many activities to do in Kota Kinabalu, Rasa Ria will make your trip planning even easier, with its scheduled daily activities for groups of friends, families and couples. 3 Must Experiences include:
- Take part at the scheduled activities in Rasa Ria Resort & Spa, which start from 7 am in the morning and the last activity takes places at 5pm in the evening, from Monday to Sunday. Their time depends on the number of participants and the availability. Some Must-Dos are: H20 Exercise, Cooking Demostration, Beach Games, Pilates, and Fun Workout.
- Attend one of the numerous sea activities available. Ranging from 15 Minutes to 8 Hours, you should at least a day doing water sports in Kota Kinabalu. Some of the must-do sea activities are Catamaran W-13, Jet Ski, Fishing, Parasailing, Hydrobike, and Banana Boat Ride.
- If you are a family or a group of friends, there are various activities which you can do together so that you will never get bored. You can either enjoy a Laya-Laya Bicycle Village Tour, Horse Riding, a breathtaking Twilight River Cruise, or even you can rent bicycles and roam through the city.
Shangri-La's Le Touessrok Resort & Spa
Where is Shangri-La's Le Touessrok Resort & Spa and Why to Choose it
Shangri-La Touessrok is located in Mauritius, and there is not a better country to enjoy your next beach vacations. December to February are the hottest months of the year, while October is the driest one. From June to August, you will find the coolest weather conditions.
Mauritius is mainly known for its white-sand beaches and breathtaking landscapes. There are not much to do on the island, while the hotel will define your overall experience (similar to the Maldives, but on that extent). La Touessrok Resort, located in Trou d'Eau Douce, is one of the most luxurious resorts on the island,
3 Experiences in Shangri-La's Le Touessrok Resort & Spa to Remember
Le Touessork also features a great amount of experiences and activities that you can do in and out of the resort. Aiming to please as more guests as possible, the hotel has made sure to include from peaceful and relaxing activities as well as active ones for the adventurers.
- Play Golf in the hotel's multi rewarded Ile Aux Cerfs Golf. Even if you are not a fan of the sport, you should definitely visit the hotel's golf course, which is one of the finest ones in the world. It was design by Bernhard Langer and it is separated from the mainland resort by a turquoise lagoon.
- The resort has two full programs with activities based at the resort and on the Lot Mangenie and the Water Sports. All of the days start with a powerful sunrise Yoga Session at 6:00 am and are completed either with a Karaoke Fun Evening or with Zumba dances. The water sport activities start from 09:00 up to 6 pm in the evening.
- There are 5 restaurants in the hotel, aiming to give you a full dining experience and satisfy completely your taste buds. At Kushi, you can enjoy gourmet Japanese dishes, sake, cocktails, and sushi, of course. At Le Bazar, a dynamic food theatre venue, you can interact with the chefs and watch them prepare international-cuisine-based dishes with an Asian twist. Republik Beach Club & Grill is the hotel's beachfront restaurant offering stunning views of Trou d'Eau Douce Bay and in Safran you can try exotic Indian spices.
Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa
Where is Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa and Why to Choose it
Mactan Resort & Spa is located on Cebu Island in the Philippines. It is among the most important group of islands in the country, and the home of the oldest city in the Philippines, Cebu City. The hotel is located on top of the island of Mactan, which is the main touristic area of Cebu. There are several hotels and resorts in Mactan, but we recommend you Shangri-La Mactan Resort, for a more complete and luxurious experience.
3 Experiences in Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa to Remember
Even though there are numerous activities to do in Cebu Island, Shangri-La's Mactan Resort & Spa has made sure to include many others to further strengthen your experience in and out of the city. We have handpicked 3 Must-Dos in the resort and present them to you:
- Daily Activities are organised by the resort from Monday to Sunday, starting from early in the morning, and ending up to 6 p.m. in the evening. You will find different activities each day, from Swim & Run sessions, to Circuit Trainings, to Snorkelling, Volleyball, Yoga, and much more!
- Chi, the hotel's spa, is ideal place to enjoy a fulfilling and relaxing experience. Including a wide range of treatments including special massages, body soaks, facials, luxurious body scrubs, body wraps, retreats and enhancements, you will need a whole week to get what this spa has to offer to you!
- The hotel's rooms are separated into two sections, the Main and the Ocean Wing. For a more luxurious trip, we would recommend you to choose the breathtaking rooms of the Ocean Wing, which, among their luxurious facilities, offer you special services like quick check-ins, buffet breakfasts that last longer, and all-day non-alcoholic beverages.