- LGBT accommodation, gay friendly bars, clubs and restaurants and gay beaches in Crete can be found in all major cities, like Heraklion, Rethymno, Malia & of course Chania.
- In Chania visit the cosy ababa tapas cafe near the old harbour.
- If you are visiting Agios Nikolaos, don't forget to stop by Bajamar bar. In Hersonissos, the Roze Maandag gay bar is an excellent choice for a fun night out.
- Crete gay beaches are found all around the coastal area, with some of the most beautiful and 'fun' ones located close to Chania. Don't forget to visit Tavronitis beach, Paradise beach or Agioi Apostoloi and Rapaniana beaches for swimming, flirting and fun.
- Nudist areas of Elafonissos beach and Vrahakia (in Agioi Apostoloi) are also mainly visited by gay men.
- Near Agios Nikolaos city, you will find the beaches of Vai and Agia Fotia, which are the most gay friendly beaches of the area. Some discreet gay/nudist beaches in Crete include Akti Olountos, Peristeras and the beaches near Malia and Sarantari.
- Definitely attend a gay pool party, while the gay friendly hotels in Crete, found almost everywhere, will make your Crete gay holidays even more fun!
- If you want to go with your partner to a beach where it will be just you, the sun and the sea, you can discover isolated spots all around the island, even during the busiest days of the summer. Sfakia area is highly recommended for a romantic lesbian honeymoon also because of its naturist beach!
For more information and details about Gay Crete, you can visit Crete's Gay Guide.
Recommend Hotels for your gay vacations: